Saved by the Bell (1989-1993)Character: Kelly Kapowski
Creator: Sam Bobrick
Genre: Comedy, Family
Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zach Morris
Mario Lopez as A.C. Slater
Dustin Diamond as Samuel 'Screech' Powers
Lark Voorhies as Lisa Turtle
Elizabeth Berkley as Jessie Spano
Dennis Haskins as Mr. Richard Belding
Saved by the Bell embodies the lives of six best friends throughout their high school experience, and beyond. The characters go through many firsts: first kiss, first love and first break-up, as well as going through an endless series of obstacles in which they must get threw together, and sometimes on their own.
Along with Zach, the slacker who always manages to get himself into a hole and has his friends dig him out, is Slater, the athlete always fighting with Jessie; Screech, the nerd who never gives up on trying to get Lisa — or any girl for that matter; Lisa, the gossip queen with a fashion frenze; Kelly, the squeaky clean cheerleader with a love for Zach; and Jessie, the honor student longing for a good education, all take you through Bayside High as they grow up, live and learn.
Tiffani is the squeaky clean cheerleader, Kelly Kapowski. She's a very good person, always there for her friends. She's the most popular girl in school and can pretty much get any guy she wants, but her true love is Zach. Her two best friends are Lisa and Jessie. It seems as if Zach and Slater are always fighting for Kelly. She was also on the volleyball team, and crowned Homecoming Queen. Tiffani's character overall was very nice, unlike her 90210 character.
• Elizabeth Berkley originally auditioned for the role of Kelly Kapowski and was turned down in favor of Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, but the producers liked Elizabeth so much that they created the Jessica Spano character especially for her to play.
• Mark Paul Gosselar dated all three girls, first Elizabeth Berkely, then Lark Voohries and then Tiffani-Amber Thiessen. At one point the girls wouldn't speak to another.
- Kelly: "You sound like you're on 'Thirtysomething.'"
- Kelly: Who are you?
- Screech: Oh, I'm, uh, I'm- Sinead O'Connor.
- Kelly: That's a very famous name. You have a hit song in the charts, you know...?
- Screech: Oh, uh, that's the other O'Connor. She's my niece. She learned from me.
- Lisa: You taught her everything she knows?
- Screech: Oh, that I did. Now she can clean toilets with the best of 'em.
- Slater: Ok, Preppie. While you're here rehearsing, Kelly and I are going to the beach.
- Zack: Kelly, this news disappoints me deeply. I thought you and I could go over some more lines from "Romeo & Juliet".
- Kelly: Oh that's a good idea, Zack. Sorry, Slater.
- Slater: What? I don't believe this. You'd rather study than go to the beach?
- Zack: Parting is such sweet sorrow... chump.
- Kelly: Jessie let's go to the lost and found.
- Jessie: Why?
- Kelly: Because you've lost it.
- Kelly: [talking about Slater's dancing] Wow Slater that was hot!
- Zack: Ha ha. Are you kidding? I moved better last summer when a bee flew in my shorts.
- Kelly: What happened to you?
- Lisa: I kicked the TV and sprained my ankle.
- Jessie: Why?
- Lisa: I was watching the new Revlon commercial and they discontinued my nail polish.
- Lisa: What's wrong Kelly?
- Kelly: Men, especially Zack Morris.
- Slater: Hey, don't judge us by our worst specimen.
- Kelly: [after Jessie storms off in a fit, a group of students are looking at her] She's my friend... but not my best friend. Actually, I hardly even know her.
- [taping of "Don't Do Drugs" commercial]
- Kelly: Dumb.
- Slater: Stupid.
- Lisa: Crazy.
- Jessie: Dangerous.
- Screech: Stinks.
- Kelly: I had a wonderful time, Zack. That movie really got to me.
- Zack: You're the only one who cried when Ernest went to jail.
- Screech: Kelly! I know he asked you to go with him. Is the answer yes?
- Kelly: Well, you can't tell Zack, but [shakes head yes]
- Screech: Oh, my! What a moment! What a thrill! First the Berlin Wall comes down, then the Brady Bunch comes back, and now Zack and Kelly are going steady!
- Kelly: [Kelly is talking about choosing between Zack and Slater] Guys, this is hard. It's like choosing between two great pieces of chocolate.
- Zack: Sorry Kelly, from now on, you can only get zits from one of us.
- Kelly: Why aren't you at the prom?
- Zack: Oh, is that tonight? Gosh, I must have forgotten?
- Kelly: There must have been 100 girls who would love to go with you.
- Zack: Actually 106.
- Kelly: Is something wrong?
- Mr. Frank Kapowski: Afraid so. World peace broke out.
- Kelly: That's good isn't it?
- Mr. Frank Kapowski: For the world, yes, but not if you work at a defense plant.
- Kelly: [Lisa hands Kelly and Jessie bracelets] Here guys, these are for you.
- Kelly: Gee Thanks.
- Jessie: These are nice.
- Lisa: I made these friendship bracelets in Fashion Club.
- Screech: Did you make one for me?
- Lisa: For you, I'm making a friendship muzzle.
- Screech: I'm speechless.
- Lisa: That's the idea.
- Zack: (on tape) "Zack Morris is a ten".
- Kelly: "Ha! Two fives is more like it".
- Lisa: "I'm stuck with three and seven left".
- Kelly: "Okay, so when do we start"?
- Screech: "Well, tonight, but it has to be at my place. I'm not allowed out after 'ALF'."
- Mr. Crane: Everyone tell me your names.
- Screech: I'm Screech.
- Slater: I'm Slater.
- Kelly: (dreamily) I'm yours.
- Zack: I'm bummed.
- Mr. Crane: [as Romeo] With love's light wings did I o'erperch these walls. For stony limits cannot hold love out. And what love can do, that dares love attempt.
- Kelly: [as Juliet] If my kinsmen see thee, they will murder thee.
- Slater: Go kinsmen!
- Zack: Kelly.
- Kelly: Hi Zack.
- Zack: So Kel, big dance Friday night, huh?
- Kelly: I haven't asked anyone yet Zack.
- Zack: Really, Well I just want to know that I'm keeping my calendar clear, you know what I mean?
- Kelly: I know what you mean, you want me to ask you?
- Zack: You could do worse.
- Slater: You could do better...a lot better.
- Kelly: "I think I'm gonna cry!"
- Jessie: You didn't have permission!
- Kelly: You didn't have the right!
- Lisa: You didn't get my good side!
- Kelly: Can we still be friends?
- Zack: Forever.
- Kelly: You megamouth liar, you're just jealous. Jeff would never cheat on me!
- Zack: Kelly, I saw it with my own eyes!
- Kelly: You're wrong! Last night Jeff was bowling with his roommates. Why don't you just mind your own business and stay out of my life!
- Kelly: Hi Screech.
- Screech: Kelly! Um, ah Kelly ah, hi.
- Kelly: Screech, can I ask you something?
- Screech: Well, ah, not now, Kelly. I'm busy making fake ID's for Jessie and Lisa.
- Kelly: Why are you making them ID's?
- Screech: Well, because we're going back to The Attic tomorrow night. Don't ask me why.
- Kelly: You went there with Zack, huh?
- Screech: Yes!
- Kelly: Screech, did you see Jeff there?
- Screech: Ummmmmmm......Ummmmmmmm........(crying) Ummmmmmmmmm!
- Kelly: Then it's true? But why, I mean why would Jeff cheat on me?
- Screech: I don't know, Kelly. Men are such fools. I hope I never become one!
- Kelly: Hi, can I cut in?
- Jeff: Kelly! Ha ha ha Hi! Ah, excuse us, Jen. Kelly what are you doing here?
- Kelly: I could ask you the same thing, but I already know the answer. Why, Jeff?
- Jeff: Well, it's not like we're going steady or anything. I mean ah, I mean I like you a lot.
- Kelly: I broke up with a great guy for you.
- Jeff: You're very special to me, but I'm just not ready for a commitment right now......I'm sorry!
- Kelly: Yeah, we'll I'm sorry I fell for a dishonest jerk like you. Good-bye!
- Zack: Hey, you okay?
- Kelly: You were right, Zack. I guess I should erase all those bad things I wrote about you in my diary.
- Zack: That'll be nice.
- Kelly: Thanks for being such a good friend.